I do not get where the time has flown to! It’s the end of the year!
It has also been a while since I last posted a quilt here but believe me, a lot has happened. I started with Sarie’s quilt and then we joined my husband on one of his work trips to the South Coast (Margate, Kwazulu-Natal) for 2 1/2 weeks. Bliss! We returned home on the 22nd of November and I had to complete Sarie’s quilt before going into hospital on the 26th of November for a gall bladder operation! Well, I made it! Just!
Sarie made these candlewick blocks back in the 80’s / 90’s when it was such a huge craze in SA (we all made some). She dug them out of the cupboard and I helped with a plan to make this quilt. The sashes are all pieced strips in pink and cream with green corner blocks to match the candlewick work. I have used a polyester batting with a taffeta backing fabric in cream to match.
To say this quilt was challenging is an understatement. The blocks had batting and a muslin behind already, the sashes had none. And the block battings varied in thickness, so…it was a mission, but accomplished! Sarie is extremely happy!